Volvo’s popular mid-size SUV gets an update, with revised styling, mild-hybrid options, and more equipment.
- 2022 Volvo XC60 pricing and specification
- Updated mid-size luxury SUV gains revised look and Google tech
- Three variants at launch, all with mild-hybrid petrol power.
- Priced from $68,540 before on-road costs, or $3550 more than before
Australian pricing and specifications for the facelifted 2022 Volvo XC60 have been confirmed, with the vehicle on sale now.
Four years since its initial introduction, the facelifted XC60 arrives in Australia as part of the Model Year 2022 Volvo range, which sees all models now feature mild-hybrid petrol, plug-in hybrid or, in the smaller XC40‘s case, electric power.
Updates for 2022 include new front and rear bumpers, the addition of Volvo’s latest Android Automotive-based infotainment system, a revised centre console design, and new wheel designs.
Three variants are initially on offer – Momentum, Inscription and R-Design – offering one of two four-cylinder petrol mild-hybrid powertrains, dubbed B5 and B6.
Above and below: 2022 Volvo XC60 R-Design. Top of story: 2022 Volvo XC60 Inscription. European models pictured throughout.
The Volvo Australia website indicates the plug-in hybrid Polestar Engineered is still on sale, though seemingly it has yet to benefit from the MY22 upgrades. ‘D4’ diesel variants have been axed for MY22.
Opening the range is the B5 Momentum, priced from $68,540 before on-road costs.
Power comes from a 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine paired to a 48-volt mild-hybrid system, sending 183kW and 350Nm – down 1kW over the old T5 – to all four wheels through an eight-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
The addition of the mild-hybrid system – which uses a small battery, an ‘integrated starter-generator’ (ISG), and regenerative braking to save fuel and improve performance – sees the 0-100km/h sprint time rated at 6.8 seconds.
A full list of standard equipment can be seen at the bottom of this story, though highlights include a 9.0-inch infotainment touchscreen with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and digital radio, a 12-inch digital instrument cluster, 19-inch alloy wheels, keyless entry, adaptive LED headlights, hands-free tailgate, electric front ‘comfort’ seats, and wireless smartphone charging.
Standard driver assistance features include autonomous emergency braking, adaptive cruise control, lane-centring assist, blind-spot monitoring (with braking), rear cross-traffic alert (with braking), and traffic-sign recognition, plus a 360-degree camera and front and rear parking sensors.
Stepping up to the B5 Inscription – priced from $75,889 before on-road costs – adds 20-inch alloy wheels, heated front seats, a head-up display, genuine leather steering wheel, 20-inch alloy wheels, and Inscription-specific exterior and interior trim.
Sitting atop the range (bar the pre-update plug-in hybrid) is the B6 R-Design, priced from $81,888 before on-road costs.
It’s powered by an uprated 2.0-litre turbocharged and supercharged petrol four-cylinder and 48-volt mild-hybrid system, sending 220kW and 420Nm to all wheels through an eight-speed automatic transmission.
Volvo quotes a combined fuel consumption figure of 8.0L/100km – matching the old T6 R-Design, despite the new model developing 26kW less and gaining a mild-hybrid system – and a 0-100km/h time of 6.2 seconds (0.4 seconds slower than the T6).
Additional equipment over the B5 Inscription includes Nappa leather and textile upholstery, sports seats, steering wheel and shifter, metallic pedals, 21-inch alloy wheels, and R-Design exterior styling.
A slew of options are available depending on variant, including a panoramic sunroof, and a selection of colours, wheels and interior trims.
The 2022 Volvo XC60 will arrive in Australian showrooms in the coming weeks.
2022 Volvo XC60 Australian pricing
- XC60 B5 Momentum – $68,540 (up $3550)
- XC60 B5 Inscription – $75,889 (up $3899)
- XC60 B6 R-Design – $81,888 (up $2898)
Note: All prices above exclude on-road costs, but include GST and Luxury Car Tax.
2022 Volvo XC60 B5 Momentum standard features:
- 9.0-inch infotainment touchscreen with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, Google Maps navigation and DAB+ digital radio
- 12-inch digital instrument cluster
- Leather-accented upholstery
- Leatherette steering wheel and shifter
- Light headlining
- Four-zone climate control with air purifier
- Power-adjustable front seats with memory and four-way lumbar support
- Hands-free electric tailgate
- Keyless entry and start
- Dynamic chassis
- 360-degree camera
- Adaptive LED headlights
- 19-inch five-spoke alloy wheels (with space-saver spare)
- Power-folding side mirrors with auto-dimming
- Automatic headlights and wipers
- Front, side and rear parking sensors
- Aluminium sill plates
- Black roof rails
- Aluminium window trim
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go
- Lane-keep assist
- Pilot Assist (including lane-centring)
- Blind-spot monitoring with braking support
- Rear cross-traffic alert with braking support
- Traffic-sign recognition
- Individual tyre pressure monitors
2022 Volvo XC60 B5 Inscription adds (over B5 Momentum):
- Heated front seats
- Head-up display
- 20-inch five-spoke alloy wheels
- Inscription-specific grille and lower bumper trim
- Orreford crystal gear shifter
- Driftwood interior trim inlays
- Genuine leather steering wheel
- Leather-wrapped key fob
2022 Volvo XC60 B6 R-Design adds (over B5 Inscription):
- Nappa leather-accented upholstery with textile inserts
- Sports ‘contour’ seats
- Leatherette-wrapped sports steering wheel and gear shifter
- Metallic pedals
- Charcoal headlining
- Metal Mesh trim inlays
- 21-inch alloy wheels
- R-Design gloss black front grille
- Gloss black window trim and mirror caps
A range of optional packages and items are available, though their drive-away prices differ between the regulatory charges offered in different states.
The Climate pack, available on all models, adds:
- Heated front seats (Momentum only, as already standard on Inscription and R-Design)
- Heated steering wheel
- Headlight washer jets
The Lifestyle pack, also available across the range, adds:
- Tinted rear windows
- Panoramic sunroof
- Bowers & Wilkins OR Harman Kardon sound system (with the former adding around $2500 to the price)
Other standalone options include:
- Panoramic sunroof (around $3200)
- Harman Kardon sound system (around $1900)
- Bowers & Wilkins sound system (Inscription and R-Design only, around $4300)
- Adaptive air suspension (around $2700)
- Ventilated and heated nappa leather seats (Inscription and R-Design only, around $3100)
- Head-up display (Momentum only, around $2000)
2022 Volvo XC60 price and specs