The BMW X6 M50i has gained a range of black and red BMW Individual design touches, creating the Black Vermillion Edition – five of which are coming to Australia.
- 2023 BMW X6 pricing and specifications
- Black Vermillion Edition limited to five examples
- Black and red styling touches inside and out
- Priced from $208,900 drive-away
Five examples of the 2023 BMW X6 Black Vermillion Edition are due on Australian roads before the end of this year, priced from $208,900 drive-away.
Priced from $208,900 drive-away, it costs approximately $20,000 to $25,000 more than a ‘standard’ X6 M50i (about $185,000 drive-away) – and went on sale at 11am AEST today (25 July) on the BMW Shop website.
To secure one of the five cars, buyers place a $5000 reservation fee. If the buyer’s allocation is secured, the preferred dealer will contact the customer and arrange purchase and delivery, in the lead-up to first local arrivals before the end of this year.
Over the normal X6 M50i, the Black Vermillion Edition adds blacked-out exterior trim, 22-inch dark grey wheels, Frozen Black paint, illuminated black front ‘kidney’ grilles (with red slats), red brake calipers, and privacy glass.
Inside, it gains Merino black leather upholstery, a panoramic roof, Alcantara headlining, ventilated comfort seats, velour floor mats, crystal glass accents, unique badging, and more.
Powering the limited-edition SUV is the same 4.4-litre twin-turbocharged petrol V8 as the M50i it’s based on, sending 390kW and 750Nm to all four wheels for a 4.3-second 0-100km/h time.
The 2023 BMW X6 Black Vermillion Edition is available to order now.
2023 BMW X6 Australian pricing
- X6 xDrive30d – $132,900 plus on-road costs
- X6 xDrive40i – $136,900 plus on-road costs
- X6 M50i Pure – $155,900 plus on-road costs
- X6 M50i – $170,900 plus on-road costs
- X6 Black Vermillion Edition – $208,900 drive-away
- X6 M Competition – $233,900 plus on-road costs
2023 BMW X6 Black Vermillion Edition adds (over M50i):
- BMW Individual Frozen Black metallic paint
- Black front grilles with Iconic Glow in-built illumination, red slats
- 22-inch Orbit Grey alloy wheels
- Black headlight accents
- Red M Sport brake calipers
- Rear privacy glass
- Merino full leather interior in black, with red front-row contrast stitching
- Panoramic glass roof
- Dark grey Alcantara headlining
- Comfort front seats with ventilation
- CraftedClarity glass gear shifter and accents
- Anthracite velour floor mats with red stitching
- Fineline Black and aluminium interior accents
- Edition Black Vermillion centre console badge
Alex Misoyannis has been writing about cars since 2017, when he started his own website, Redline. He contributed for Drive in 2018, before joining CarAdvice in 2019, becoming a regular contributing journalist within the news team in 2020. Cars have played a central role throughout Alex’s life, from flicking through car magazines as a young age, to growing up around performance vehicles in a car-loving family.